Antique Owl Bookends
Solid and sturdy, these black owls are an attractive addition to any bookshelf, and will securely hold strong hardbacks in place. These bronze-clad treasures were crafted for the National Metalizing Company, who produced many household items under the trade name Armor Bronze.
These matching owls are each resting on 2 open books. Top of base features signature of Czech-born sculptor Joza Krupka (1880-1917). There is felt on the bottom to protect furniture, along with a manufacturer's sticker.
DATE: circa 1910-1917
SIZE: 9.5 inches tall | 24 centimeters
Pieces are overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Gently used, they appear to be all original finish and felt with a little dust.
- These appear to be intended to present with a dark patina, and to casual observation appear as a textured black.
- Bookends exhibit gentle surface wear in faint scuffs and rubbing. Instead of looking worn, they appear more individual, interesting and organic.
- Backs have a couple small shiny spots from their years of working as bookends.
- Green felt on bottom is worn around the edges and starting to lift off the base.
- One owl has tiny white specs (paint?) that can be easily be removed with fingernail .
- May exhibit additional minor wear or blemishes.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore
We invite you to view our Shipping & Returns policies, or to contact us with any questions.