OUT OF THE SHADOW: ARTISTS OF THE WARHOL CIRCLE THEN AND NOW, by Debra Miller - 1996 [Signed]
Out of the Shadow: Artists of the Warhol Circle Then and Now
by Debra Miller
This striking tribute to the exceptional world-changing artistic vision of Andy Warhol (1928-1987) is a veritable catalog of masterpieces influenced by Warhol and The Factory. Filled with photographs and reproductions, and tracing important life events in the realization of their art, it explores the meaning of many great works by notable artists in the Warhol circle. Sometimes shocking, sometimes moving and deeply emotional or stunningly original, these artworks have achieved international renown as a breakthrough, not only in art but in life and society in general. The volume unfolds along a thread, presenting each artist in a biographical work with their most important and defining pieces, through splendid illustrations and insightful explanations. A beautiful tribute to impact Andy Warhol by one of his followers and friends. 87 pages. 8.5 x 11.5 inches.
SIGNED EDITION. Signatures of Debra Miller and Billy Name with lipstick print of Miller. Lavishly illustrated with black & white photographs and pictures. Includes full-color plates put together at end of volume. Includes a foreword, a dedication and an introduction, as well as notes. Volume is divided into a catalog and essays.
Presumed First Edition. Published by: University Gallery, University of Delaware, Delaware, 1996.
Softback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition.
- ISBN: 1887421017
- Volume is in overall very good+ condition with minimal wear to covers and interior.
- Covers feature black & white illustration with white text and display minor to minimal edgewear.
- Front cover exhibits a 2" long thin brown stain near lower right corner, as well as a 0.75" long crease near shoulder on lower half of wrap.
- Back cover has price sticker on lower corner near shoulder. (See photos)
- Spine has wrapped-around illustration from covers, and shows mild rubbing at ends, mostly head.
- Binding is secure.
- Title page has signatures of Debra Miller and Billy Name, as well as a lipstick print of Debra Miller. (See photos)
- Interior shows minimal edgewear to pages.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges display scarce foxing along head, as well as a damp stain to lower corner. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore