OTTO DIX: DAS GRAPHISCHE WERK - 1970 [Signed]$225.00
Otto Dix: Das Graphische Werk
with introduction by Hans Kinkel
with text by gallery owner Florian Karsch
A splendid celebration of the 20th century German artist. Considered as one of the most important artist of the Neue Sachlichkeit, which rose against the Expressionist movement at the time of the two world wars, Otto Dix was noted for the ruthlessness and brutality of his often shocking art. His sometimes crude works give an intentionally objective yet also powerfully intense depiction of the horrors and cruelty of war, as well as other rough aspects of life. This exceptional volume offers a revealing overview of his paintings, with over 300 black & white and full-color plates, some 200 of which are classified in a catalog captioned with the date of creation and the dimensions of the artwork, as well as the material, color, and publisher and other useful information. With an introduction by Hans Kinkel and text by gallery owner Florian Karsch, the book represents a treasure to add in any art lover's library. 308 pages. 8.75 x 10 inches.
Illustrated invitation card from the Nierendorf Galerie inside.
Lavishly illustrated with black & white and full-color reproductions of the artist's works. Signed and inscribed by gallery owner Florian Karsch. Introduction by Hans Kinkel and text by Florian Karsch. Catalog of works at end of volume. With slipcase.
Published by: Schmidt-Kuster Verlag, Hannover, Germany, 1970.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition, with VERY GOOD- DJ, and VERY GOOD slipcase.
- Volume is in overall very good+ condition with minor aging and wear to covers and interior.
- Plain red cloth covers are well-preserved with minimal wear.
- Boards are in near fine condition with firm edges and sharp corners.
- Spine features text in silver and has strong firm ends.
- Binding is secure with a slight split between signatures at illustration pages 168 and 169. (See photos)
- Interior is mildly toned with light marginal foxing on text pages.
- Illustrations are on glossy paper, with less pronounced toning.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Light odor upon thumbing.
- Color illustrated DJ is in well-preserved condition, with some edgewear from occasional tears, in particular to head of spine and corners, where cellophane is coming off. (See photos)
- Slipcase has staples and is in overall good condition, with minor edgewear from rubbing, and is in cardboard material. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore