OSTROV, by Czech Museum of Fine Arts -1996 [1st Ed]$65.00
an exhibition of the Czech Museum of Fine Arts
The Czech Museum of Fine Arts exhibition of Czech inter-war art puts together, in some twenty-four paintings and sculptures, the very characteristic styles of this period of Czech art. Comprising artworks created between 1918-1938, the collection defines the various conflicts and changes undergone with the turmoil brought by the Wars and also the development which the brief truce between the two Wars allowed. Representative of the rivalry between conservative art and modernism, which existed in Czech art as well as in any other of this time period, these artworks also show two distinctive eras. The first era is characterized by a notable optimism, brought on by the successful construction and functioning of the new state, while the second expresses the turmoil and unrest born of the political crises undergone by the nation during the last years of 1918-1938. An explanatory text takes all these elements into consideration, to deliver a remarkable study of Czech art during probably the most difficult period in the history of mankind. 47 pages. 6 x 7 inches.
FIRST EDITION. Lavishly illustrated with color reproductions or photographs of artworks. Explanatory text in Czech with English translation at end of volume. Advertisements on pastedowns.
Published by: Czech Museum of Fine Arts, Prague, Czech Republic. 1996
Pamphlet is overall VERY GOOD+ condition.
- ISBN: 8070560517
- Volume is in overall very good+ condition with minimal commensurate wear to covers and interior.
- Covers display minimal aging limited to minimal edgewear and some smudges along shoulders on front and back.
- Front cover features pasted color plate with opening painting of the collection, "Ostrov", on a plain cream-colored background with title in black.
- Back cover has advertisement illustration with orange writing.
- Spine has title in black.
- Binding is secure.
- Pastedowns feature advertisements in Czech.
- Illustration pages are white paper while text pages are cream-colored paper similar to covers.
- Inside pages are free from writing or intentional marks.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore