ON NOT BEING ABLE TO PAINT, by Marion Milner - 1957$110.00
On Not Being Able to Paint
by Marion Milner
forward by Anna Freud
Using psychoanalysis, Marion Milner (1900–1998) utilized art for both self-exploration and self-expression. This book follows her internal process of working through her artistic blocks, and explores how each creative block was also an obstacle in her unconscious mind. Includes B&W illustrations and a color frontispiece, as well as nine appendices covering such topics as rhythm relaxation and the orgasm. 184 pages. 5.75 X 8.75 inches
This British author and psychoanalyst is considered a pioneer of introspective journaling, and is also known for her writing under the pen name of Joanna Field.
First edition, second printing, published by: International Universities Press, New York. 1957
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition, with a GOOD- DJ.
- Binding is secure and tight.
- Blue linen boards have bright gilt on spine and sharp corners.
- Cover edges exhibit light scuffing and fading.
- Spine ends are bumped.
- Interior is free of marginalia and underlining.
- DJ shows soiling to all areas with small chips off top front and two one inch chips off upper left back
- DJ is price clipped,
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore