ODD NERDRUM, by Richard Vine - 2001 [1st Ed]$198.30
Odd Nerdrum Paintings
by Richard Vine
A splendid catalog of the eerie and intriguing work of Odd Nerdrum. Provocative and most often dark, Odd Nerdrum's art displays a characteristic mystery and a mixture of the modern and the ancient which makes him totally unique among contemporary artists. Lavishly illustrated with some of the most original and characteristic paintings, drawings and sketches of the artist, described through the insightful and revealing text of Richard Vine, this is a volume of rare value to the lovers of this strange painter's work. 404 pages. 11.5 x 11.25 inches.
FIRST EDITION. Lavishly illustrated with the artist's work. Text by Richard Vine, with notes and a list of works at end of volume.
Published by: Gyldendal, Oslo, 2001.
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE condition.
- ISBN: 8248901211
- Volume is in overall near fine condition with minimal aging on covers and inside.
- Color covers feature a portrait painting by the artist as illustration and bright gilt text on front.
- Quarterbound in cloth.
- Boards show minimal overall aging with firm edges.
- Corners display some bumping, more pronounced on upper corners. (See photos)
- Spine has bright gilt text and publisher emblem and has firm ends displaying minimal wear.
- Binding is secure yet not tight.
- Endpapers display beautiful black & white work by the artist. (See photos)
- Interior is minimally toned and aged.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges show minimal toning with light gray staining on head. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore