NOW THAT THE GODS ARE DEAD, by Llewelyn Powys; Lynd Ward - 1932 [Signed Ltd Ed]
Now that the Gods are Dead
by Llewelyn Powys
illustrated by Lynd Ward
SIGNED LIMITED EDITION. 1/400 copies Signed by author and illustrator on Limitation Page. New York: Equinox Cooperative Press, Inc., 1932.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Volume displays minor overall wear and aging to covers with a well preserved interior.
- Unique blue cloth covers feature various tones of blue, and display some toning, more to edges.
- Boards are frayed along edges, and exposed at corners, that also show mild bumping.
- Spine features blind-tooled text, and is strongly sunned with fraying and chipping at both ends. Chipping goes into text at head. (See photos)
- Binding is secure with a little play.
- Illustrations are well preserved with mild overall toning. (See photos)
- Interior displays mild overall toning.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges are toned, with some foxing and dust along head. Fore edge and foot are deckled.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
49 pages. 6.75 x 10.25 inches.
This special limited edition features a beautiful cloth cover exterior and hand-sewn binding, using a distinctive specialty paper.
Llewelyn Powys (1884-1939) was a British essayist and novelist, the younger brother of John Cowper Powys and T.F. Powys. Born to a Reverend, Charles Francis Powys, he came from a talented family many of whose members were also writers. He was an atheist, considering himself as a rationalist and expressing his views on the freedom of thought in journals like the Rationalist Annual and the Literary Guide.
Lynd Kendall Ward (1905–1985) was an influential American artist best known for his wood engraving illustrations, and his ground-breaking wordless novels.
Features the monochrome green illustrations of Lynd Ward. Limited Edition, 1 of 400 Copies all signed by author and illustrator on limitation page.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore