NOUVELLES COMPOSITIONS DECORATIVES 2EME SERIE, by Serge Gladky - ca. 1925[Complete]
Nouvelles Compositions Decoratives 2eme Serie
by Serge Gladky
Paris: Editions d'Art Charles Moreau. ca. 1925.
Hardcover folio of loose prints is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Illustrated covers are mostly clean, with title and illustration in blue and black ink.
- Boards show some smudges and aging. Corners are worn, with exposed board.
- Spine covered in gray cloth tape bumped and softened ends.
- 48 color plates are present. Colors are bright.
- Interior is gently age-toned, with marginal toning on some plates. Please see photographs for details of condition.
- Plates are free of writing and intentional marks.
48 plates. 10 x 13 inches.
Complete folio of pochoir prints with designs by French Art Deco artist and designer Serge Gladky. The second series produced by Editions d'Art Charles Moreau, workshop located at 8-10 Rue de Prague in Paris. Motifs are drawn from nature, highly stylized and rendered in vibrant colors and metallic inks. The pochoir print technique was developed in and most extensively practiced in Paris from the late 19th century to the 1930s. Very labor and skill intensive, pochoir printing would be replaced by printing techniques which could be mechanized.
Undated, this folio was issued between 1925, when the first folio was produced, and 1930, the year of the artist's death.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore