NO COFFIN FOR THE CORPSE, Clayton Rawson - 1942 [1st Ed]$195.00
No Coffin for the Corpse
by Clayton Rawson
Scarce stated FIRST EDITION with original illustrated dust jacket as published by LIttle, Brown and Company. Another mystery solved by the Great Merlini who was the main character in two previous novels by Rawson. This time, he investigates the murder of a neurotic multimillionaire. 280 pages. 5.25" by 7.75".
Stated First Edition published by Little, Brown and Company. Boston, MA. 1942.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition with a FAIR DJ.
- Black cloth covers featuring inked lettering and design detail to the front are mostly clean with faint staining to areas, primarily along the edges.
- Corners are sharp with light bumping.
- Spine has clean lettering with lightly pushed ends and small stain to the tail.
- Binding is firm.
- Ffep bears partially erased writing in pencil.
- Interior is bright and clean, including the b/w illustration that accompanies the opening of Chapter 1.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Pages 17-25 are lightly creased across the top corners. Please see photos.
- Pages 23/24 show a subtle fold to a small portion of the lower edge. Please see photos.
- DJ is nicely preserved behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- DJ is age-toned and scuffed, most notably to the rear, and shows small abrasions to the front finish with more prominent wear along the edges including pronounced creases and chips from the front top and bottom, the rear top and bottom, spine ends, corners, and creases to the front return where the top corner has been clipped. Please see photos.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore