NINETEENTH CENTURY AMERICAN DESIGNERS & ENGRAVERS OF TYPE, by William E. Loy - 2009 [1st Ed]$195.00
Nineteenth Century American Designers & Engravers of Type
by William E. Loy
First Edition. Illustrated with black & white images and typography examples.
Published by: Oak Knoll Press, New Castle, DE, 2009.
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE condition, with NEAR FINE DJ.
- ISBN: 9781584562610
- Colored burgundy covers are in great condition with minimal signs of wear.
- Boards are clean and free from marks or stains.
- Corners are sharp and edges are firm.
- Spine has text in bright gilt.
- Binding is strong and secure with spine very slightly cocked forward.
- Handsomely black & white illustrated pastedowns show little to no signs of wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- DJ looks great with minimal edgewear.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
A comprehensive and thoroughly documented history on typography. Written by one of America's eminent authorities on the subject, this is a recollection of notable contributions to the development of printing types in North America throughout the nineteenth century. Filled with relevant biographical information, offering detailed historical context, and illustrated with full pages of type samples, this book is a gem for designers, type aficionados and printing enthusiasts of all types. 161 pages. 9.25 x 12.25 inches.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.