NINETEENTH CENTURY AMERICAN DESIGNERS & ENGRAVERS OF TYPE, by William E. Loy - 2$125.00
Nineteenth Century American Designers & Engravers of Type
by William E. Loy
A comprehensive and thoroughly documented history that is a remarkable achievement in the literature on typography. Written by one of America's most eminent authorities on the subject, this work is a recollection of the many contributors to the development of typewriting in North America through the nineteenth century onwards. Filled with relevant biographical information offering detailed historical context, and illustrated with entire pages showing different typewriting styles, this book is a true gem for all interested in the field, whether scholars or laymen. 161 pages. 9.25 x 12.25 inches.
First Edition. Illustrated with black & white images and typography examples.
Published by: Oak Knoll Press, New Castle, DE, 2009.
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE condition.
- ISBN: 9781584562610
- Colored burgundy covers are in pristine condition with minimal signs of wear.
- Boards are clean and free from marks or stains.
- Corners are sharp and edges are firm.
- Spine has text in bright gilt.
- Binding is strong and secure with spine very slightly cocked forward.
- Handsomely black & white illustrated pastedowns show little to no signs of wear. (See photos)
- Interior is in pristine condition with minimal wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges are clean.
- DJ looks great with minimal edgewear.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore