NILES' WEEKLY REGISTER [Sept.1814 - Mar.1815 ]
Niles' Weekly Register September 1814 - March 1815
edited by H. Niles
A leatherbound collection of a weekly magazine containing the record of all the key historical, political, geographical, scientific, astronomical, biographical and statistical facts that have taken place in the established time. The Niles' Weekly Register is a wonderful historical tool for any detailed investigation into the past of the United States. Containing statistics tables, political and judiciary articles, records of speeches and letters, the Niles magazine is a register of remarkable exhaustiveness of the most important events of the time, even including an article celebrating the end of the Battle of New Orleans, as well as a biography of the officer and explorer Zebulon M. Pike. Putting together the interesting facts, anecdotes and estimates, it is a source of priceless information, not only historical, but also biographical and scientific. 416 pages + 192 pages of supplement to Vol. VII. 6.5 x 10.25 inches.
Vol. 7. Includes a supplement in appendix. Includes tables of statistics and estimates. Includes an article on the end of the Battle of New Orleans. (page 385)
Published by: The Franklin Press, Baltimore, MD, 1815.
Hardback is overall in GOOD condition.
- Volume is in overall good condition with fragile binding and pronounced general wear to leather and toning to interior.
- Covers display pronounced overall rubbing with dry and cracked areas, and exposed boards at corners.
- Boards have blind-tooled filigree on interior edges.
- Back cover presents unknown residue along shoulder, as well as a chip near upper edge. (See photos)
- Spine features faded text in black felt pen, as well as lines in faded gilt at ends, and exhibits overall cracking and rubbing with some chipping at head.
- Shoulder on front is splitting while back shoulder is intact.
- Binding is fragile, with front hinge starting.
- Endpapers feature handsome marble colored design, with pronounced overall fading and wear. (See photos)
- Interior is moderately age-toned, with scattered foxing and staining throughout.
- Some pages exhibit creases, publisher cutting irregularities, as well as scarce marginalia. (See photos)
- Back feps have miscellaneous writing from previous owners.
- Text block edges are stippled, and display general toning with darkening along head.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore