NEW YORK: THE NEW ART SCENE, by Ugo Mulas - 1967 [1st Ed]
New York: The New Art Scene
photographs by Ugo Mulas
text by Alan Solomon
FIRST EDITION. Canada: Holt, Rinehart and Winston, 1967.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD++ condition with VERY GOOD DJ.
- Volume displays minimal overall aging and wear to covers and interior.
- Linen covers are minimally aged, showing a small stain to lower corner on front.
- Spine has black text.
- Binding is intact and secure with a little play.
- Signature of previous owner along upper edge of endpaper. (See photos)
- Interior is minimally aged, with some marginal darkening that affects some photo pages. (See photos)
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges exhibit minor toning.
- DJ looks great behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- DJ is not price-clipped.
- DJ displays mild overall toning as well as stronger sunning to spine.
- DJ exhibits some edgewear, with chipping to ends of spine, as well as two vertical closed tears to lower edges, a 0.75" long on front, and a 1" long on back. Some creasing along shoulders as well. Torn areas are well-preserved behind Mylar. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
338 pages. 9.5 x 13.25 inches.
A magnificent book about artistic life in New York in modern times. Ugo Mulas (1928-1973) was an Italian photographer noted for his portraits of artists and his street photography. [Wikipedia] Giving us an insight into the life and surroundings of the most significant artists of the end of the past century, Ugo Mulas' captivating photographs are objective and impersonal, offering a unique glimpse into the world of artists such as Marcel Duchamp, Roy Lichtenstein, Andy Warhol, Jim Rosenquist, John Chamberlain and more. These artists shaped the world not only of the New York Art Scene but of today, giving sense to the choice of New York as The New Art Scene, as states the title.
Includes text by Alan Solomon. Design by Michele Provinciali. Lavishly illustrated with B&W photographs.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore