NANCY DREW: THE WHISPERING STATUE, by Carolyn Keene - 1937 [1st Ed]
The Whispering Statue
by Carolyn Keene
illustrations by Russell H. Tandy
The fourteenth installment in the Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, first published by Grosset & Dunlap in 1937. This particular edition includes a list of the Nancy Drew Mystery Stories plus the original DJ, illustrated by Russell H. Tandy who also provided the illustration for the frontispiece as well as the pastedown design. 217 pages. 5.25" by 7.75".
DJ includes the front and rear returns which feature a list of additional books by Carolyn Keene.
First Edition First Printing published by Grosset & Dunlap. New York, NY. 1937.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD- condition, with a GOOD DJ.
- Illustrated blue cloth covers are sunned along the perimeter with wrinkling to the front top right and show mild indentations to the edges. Please see photos.
- Corners are gently bumped with partially exposed boards.
- Binding is firm.
- Illustrated pastedowns and end pages are gently age-toned and wrinkled, with the front pastedown bearing a name and address, which appears again later on the flyleaf. Please see photos.
- Frontispiece is present and is lightly toned.
- The gutter between the frontispiece and the title page is cracked with exposed webbing. Please see photos.
- Interior is gently age-toned.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have inked top edge while the remaining edges are gently darkened with the bottom edge showing indentations. Please see photos.
- DJ is nicely preserved behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- DJ is gently darkened with mild soiling and has prominent edge wear with chips missing from the corners and larger chips missing from the spine ends; the front return shows X's in pencil next to the featured books on the list. Please see photos.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.