NAKED STEEL, by Gunter Blum - 1999 [Ltd 1st Ed]
by Gunter Blum
LIMITED FIRST EDITION, No. 201 of 450 Copies. London: The Erotic Print Society, 1999.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD++ condition with VERY GOOD++ DJ.
- ISBN: 1898998159
- Volume features illustrated DJ, and black cloth covers with silver text on front and spine.
- Book displays minimal overall wear.
- Front board displays a bump to foot corner. Back board is also bumped at foot corner, resulting in a 2" crease across corner. (See photos)
- Binding is secure.
- Front pastedown has Certificate of Limitation from The Erotic Print Society.
- Interior displays minimal toning.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Inside pages have light persistent crease to foot corners, consistent with bump to corners of boards. (See photos)
- DJ exhibits light edgewear, with minor bumping to foot corners, and some sunning to spine. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
140 pages. 8.75 x 11 inches.
A stunning depiction of strength and beauty, Gunter Blum's photographs present nude female models in the most striking poses, among steel contraptions, installations, or clothing. Showing a strong contrast between the warmth and softness of flesh faced with the cold lifelessness of steel, it evokes more than difference. Indeed the proud, powerful poses of these women show that the human body can also portray steely strength.
Known for his high-art photography as the master of light, Gunter Blum is a German artist presently dedicated to nude photography.
Lavishly illustrated with monochrome blue photographs. Includes an introduction.
EDITION POINTS: Limited Edition Statement on front pastedown, dated 1999 from London, from The Erotic Print Society, reading - "This is to certify that this, the De Luxe edition, is available only by subscription; it is accompanied by a Studio Print of the Artist's 1996 'Schattenakt I', printed on photographic paper, sheet size 12 x 9.5 ins, 305 x 240 mm, discreetly embossed with the Blum Estate Studio stamp and limited to four hundred and fifty copies, of which this is No 201." (number handwritten on pastedown)
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore