MURANO GLASS: THEMES AND VARIATIONS (1910-1970), by Marc Heiremans - 2002$245.00
Murano Glass: Themes and Variations (1910-1970)
by Marc Heiremans
A splendidly written, lavishly illustrated history of the fascinating art of glassmaking. Marc Heiremans here delivers a masterful study of 20th century glassmaking while linking it with the techniques developed a thousand years ago, thereby showing how old this timeless art really is. Initially regarded as a simple reproduction of ancient forms that looked back to Roman Antiquity, Murano glassmaking finally came to be rediscovered as artists used again techniques that had long been forgotten, and achieved, by means of this discovery, a unique quality in their creations. This volume includes, in addition to a detailed history illustrated with superb photographs in full-color, some biographies of the artists and manufactories discussed, all in German with an English translation. A beautiful insight into a remarkable art. 224 pages. 9.75 x 12.5 inches.
Lavishly illustrated with 225 photographs, among which 179 in full color, and drawings. Includes biographies of artists and manufacturers discussed, as well as a bibliography and 93 illustrations of labels and signatures. Text in German with English translation.
Published by: Arnoldsche Art Publishers, Stuttgart, Germany, 2002.
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE condition.
- ISBN: 3897901633
- Volume displays minimal overall wear on covers and to interior as well as DJ.
- Blue board covers feature white text on front, with little edgewear from rubbing and bumping.
- Spine features white text, and exhibits minimal bumping to ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Endpapers feature beautiful color reproduction of old map of Venice with legend as well as factories and companies ads. (See photos)
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- DJ is in near fine condition and displays minimal wear from some scuffs.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore