MRS BEETON'S BOOK OF HOUSEHOLD MANAGEMENT - 1906
Mrs Beeton's Book of Household Management
A Guide to Cookery in All Branches, Daily Duties, Mistress & Servant, Hostess & Guest, Marketing, Trussing & Carving, Menu Making, Home Doctor, Sick Nursing, The Nursery, Home Lawyer
New Edition. London: Ward, Lock & Co., Limited, 1906.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Volume is overall in Very Good condition with a well preserved interior and vibrant illustrations.
- Quarter-bound in red leather.
- Covers display a few scattered spots as well as some yellow stains on green cloth, with moderate wear to leather that is rubbed along shoulders, with some chips to shoulder ends, 0.5" at most.
- Boards show some edgewear, with rubbing and bumping to corners and a chip to upper corner on front. (See photos)
- Spine features gilt lettering and design, and is rubbed and chipped along ends.
- Binding is intact, a little fragile with some play.
- Illustrations are well preserved and vibrant, with gentle toning and occasional marginal foxing.
- Interior is gently age-toned with occasional smudges.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges show commensurate toning with a small black stain at head, as well as rare foxing.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
2056 pages. 6 x 8.5 inches.
A complete reference guide on the preparation of sweet and savory meals, drinks, as well as the preparation of all sorts of meat. This reliable and detailed volume also includes methods on the carving of decorations for the table, as well as recipes.
Known as Mrs Beeton, Isabella Mary Beeton (1836-1865) was an English journalist, editor and writer. Although her name is mainly associated with the present volume - her first book - she is also the author of other magazines inspired by other people's recipes, and is generally considered as the Victorian authority on cooking and household work. She is regarded as an important influence in the shaping of a middle-class identity in the Victorian era.
Features full-color as well as B&W plates. Includes a list of colored plates and a list of illustrations. With a preface to the new edition.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore