MOTORCYCLES, SIDECARS AND CYCLECARS, Victor W. Page - 1919 scarce DJ REPAIR
A very scarce 3rd impr. in FAIR condition with scarce DJ, worn and now preserved behind Mylar. Complete with illustrations and foldouts. Sold as is. May have been used in a motorcycle repair shop. BUY WITH CONFIDENCE! Please see description for more details. AS IS.
Motorcycles, Sidecars and Cyclecars: Construction, Management, Repair
by Victor W. Page
Very scarce third impression with extremely scarce dust jacket. A comprehensive, non-technical treatise, defining all forms of the lighter, self-propelled vehicles, principles of operation, construction and practical application of components in leading American and foreign machines. Includes complete advice on management, maintenance and repair of all representative types. Contains over 350 illustrations including several foldouts. 550 pages with index followed by 26 pages of other books by publisher. 5.25" by 7.5".
Sold as is. Condition indicates that it may have been used in a motorcycle repair shop.
Published by Norman Henley. New York, NY. 1919.
Hardback is overall in FAIR condition with POOR DJ.
- Illustrated beige cloth covers show commensurate wear and dirt with bold inked lettering.
- Boards show prominent staining to all areas with flecks to both the front and rear; prominent wrinkling (back) and staining to cloth is likely due to water damage. Please see photos.
- Corners are sharp though the rear lower corner is bumped and frayed with exposed board.
- Spine is soiled and has faded white lettering with softened ends.
- Binding is firm.
- The front hinge following endpaper is cracked.
- Endpapers are heavily stained, showing signs of being previously adhered and bearing remnants of facing page. Please see photos.
- Rear endpaper is torn and missing the corner.
- Beginning on page 408, there appears to be a persistent oil stain that can be seen throughout to the book's conclusion. Please see photos.
- Frontispiece is tone and fully intact.
- Foldouts are present with one showing a small oil stain and two being detached. Please see photos.
- Illustrations are fully intact though lower illustrations following page 408 do show oil stains. Please see photos.
- Interior is gently age-toned with clear type.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges are dusty with some dirt.
- DJ is preserved behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- DJ has large chips along front shoulder and both spine ends, with closed tears through much of front cover, which in areas affects the lettering to title.
- Front return is wrinkled and darkened along the top edge.
- Front cover exhibits .5" square where price sticker may have been.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear. Please see photos.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore