MORE FORGOTTEN TOWNS OF SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY, by Henry C. Beck - 1937 [1st Ed/Signed]
More Forgotten Towns of Southern New Jersey
by Henry C. Beck
1 Edition, Signed. New York: E.P. Dutton & Co., Inc., 1937
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Covered features brown and green cover with the title in gilt text.
- Boards show some shelfwear and edgewear.
- Corners are sharp.
- Spine has gilt text against a brown background.
- Spine has crushed ends on both head and foot.
- Binding is strong and secure with a little play.
- Endpapers and feps are in overall great condition, they are illustrated with a map.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior is exhibits minimal signs of age and wear, marginal toning.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Page 338 has owners stamp at the foot of the page. (See Photos).
- Title page is signed and inscribed by the author as well as having an stamp from the previous owner. (See Photos)
- Text block edges have deckled edges and dirt along the bottom corner. (See Photos).
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
338 pages. 6 x 9 inches.
Beck provides us with a series of stories of towns too tiny or uncertain for today's maps. Together, these sketches help to create a more complete picture of the history of New Jersey. A connecting skein of untold or little known wartime history--the Revolution, the War of 1812, and the conflict of North against South--runs through most of the sketches. Many of the sketches concern the pine towns and their people, "the pineys" who lived in the Jersey pine barrens.
EDITION POINTS: 1st Edition, Signed and inscribed by the author.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore