MODERN ADVERTISING ART, by Frank H Young - 1930$70.00
Modern Advertising Art
by Frank H. Young
Art has always played a key role in commerce and especially in the modern age where it has become the tool of merchants and advertising companies. Lavishly illustrated and abundantly documented with an insightful text, this book gives a rich overview of the power of art in our society, as well as some of the most significant examples of its use in modern times. 199 pages. 9 x 12 inches.
Lavishly illustrated. Foreword and introduction.
Published by: Covici, Friede, Inc., Publishers, New York, 1930.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Volume is in very good condition with mild to moderate wear on covers and inside.
- Blue grey covers have bright silver and show moderate wear from rubbing.
- Boards show some rubbing, fading and pronounced edgewear.
- Corners are rubbed with exposed boards.
- Cloth is partially rubbed off on back cover showing board. (See photos)
- Spine has faded silver text and displays considerable rubbing with softened and slightly chipped ends.
- Binding is fragile and has some play at front hinge. (See photos)
- Endpapers are toned with light to moderate foxing and some finger marks.
- Interior is gently age-toned with occasional damp staining at end of pages.
- Text block edges are mildly age-toned and have gilt along edge, that is lightly dusty.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore