MOBY DICK, by Herman Melville; Rockwell Kent - 1982
by Herman Melville
illustrated by Rockwell Kent
New York: The Modern Library, 1982
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition, with a VERY GOOD+ DJ.
- ISBN: 394608046
- Illustrated DJ cover features a blue and black drawing of Moby Dick.
- Brown boards are in over all very good condition with light edgewear.
- Corners are sharp but for the top right.
- Spine has gilt text against a brown background. DJ spine has title and illustration of Moby Dick.
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior is exhibits minimal signs of age and wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have moderate foxing on all sides. (See Photos).
- DJ looks great, is nicely preserved behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- Close examination of DJ reveals light edgewear and shelfwear.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
822 pages. 6 x 8.5 inches.
Moby Dick is an 1851 novel by American writer Herman Melville. Through the eyes of the sailor Ishmael, it tells of Captain Ahab's obsessive pursuit of Moby Dick, the great white whale to whom he lost his leg. Moby-Dick was published to mixed reviews and considered a commercial failure. It was out of print at the time of the author's death in 1891. Its reputation as a "Great American Novel" was established only in the 20th century, after the centennial of its author's birth.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore