MOBILIARIO, by Fernanda Castro Freire - 2001 [1st Ed Vol 1]
Mobiliario: Moveis de Assento e de Repouso - Volume 1
(Furniture for Sitting and Resting)
by Fernanda Castro Freire
with Graca Pedroso and Raquel Pereira Henriques
FIRST EDITION. Volume 1 only. Text in Portuguese. Lisbon, Portugal: Fundacao Ricardo do Espirito Santo Silva, 2001.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition with VERY GOOD+ DJ.
- ISBN: 9728253265
- Volume features a great illustrated DJ, and brown cloth covers with gilt and blind-tooling on front and spine, as well as illustrated endpapers.
- Volume displays minor overall wear and aging.
- Covers exhibit minor dust.
- Spine exhibits a small 1" wrinkle/bump along back shoulder. (See photos)
- Binding is secure.
- Endpapers show some rubbing and wear. (See photos)
- Interior displays minimal edge toning.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges show a couple tiny smudges.
- DJ exhibits overall shelfwear, with some fading and occasional edge bumps. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
183 pages. 9.5 x 11.5 inches.
Volume features full-color illustrated DJ, and brown cloth covers with gilt lettering as well as illustrated endpapers.
Lavishly illustrated with full-color photographs.Features introductory texts and a catalog, as well as an inventory of works, a glossary and a bibliography.
This splendid volume celebrates the beauty of Portuguese furniture, through the magnificent pieces of Ricardo do Espirito Santo Silva. An avid collector of wood furniture serving to embellish interiors, the foundation's namesake and benefactor bequeathed his collection to a private foundation that acquired numerous other antiques, paintings, silverware, and various art objects. The fine craftmanship of Portuguese furniture is obvious in this lavishly illustrated catalog, providing many useful historical details on each of the magnificent pieces of the collection.
EDITION POINTS: First Edition.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore