MISTER ROGERS' SONGBOOK, by Fred Rogers; Steven Kellogg; Johnny Costa - 1970 [1st Ed]
BUY WITH CONFIDENCE! Please see description for more details. AS IS.
Mister Rogers' Songbook
by Fred Rogers
with illustrations by Steven Kellogg
and sheet music by John Costa
First Edition with Kellogg illustrations. Random House, NY. 1970. 59 pages. 8.25 x 11.25 inches.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Illustrated cloth covers feature title lettering with clear art and lettering.
- Boards are gently darkened and stained, most notably to the back where there is a partially erased series of numbers in the area of the lower right corner; minor edgewear, most notably to the bottom and fore-edges. Please see photos.
- Spine has lettering with publisher's logo and exhibits stained ends with minor bumping along the ridges of the spine.
- Binding is secure overall though the gutter between pages 26/27 has signature gap along the upper 4" portion. Please see photos.
- Ex libris book features an owner's bookplate on front pastedown.
- Rear pastedown is gently scuffed with faint stains and bears a signature and date in ink.
- Endpapers and feps are gently darkened and scuffed with the occasional faint stain.
- Title page exhibits an area with very faint stains.
- Interior is gently age-toned, most notably along the edges, with occasional foxing and stains though overall remains free of major signs of age or wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- The Introduction page bears a signature and date in pencil along the lower area of the inner margin.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
The collaboration of Fred Rogers, artist and author Kevin Kellogg and John Costa, legendary jazz pianist and former musical director of Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood. Psychologists Albert V. Corrado and Margaret McFarland provided consultation during production.
The transcriptions have been compiled from songs originally appearing on previously recorded albums by Fred Rogers.
The Mister Rogers' Songbook was published in the early 1970's and provided parents the opportunity to make the most of the musical works of Fred Rogers. With nineteen songs included, this book is made up of comments, lyrics, and sheet music for many of Mister Rogers' best-known songs.
The book opens with an introductory page written by Margaret B. McFarland who was regularly referenced as a psychological consultant on the Neighborhood program and on the musical albums:
For centuries the song has expressed man's striving to create relationships between thought and feeling. The combination of melody and verbalization seems to have served the human need to make a whole of expression. Songs have dealt with many facets of human experience -- love and hostility, sadness and joy, hope and despair, triumph and disappointment.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore