MINIATURE LEXICON OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE, by Lyman Cobb - 1851
The Reticule and Pocket Companion ; or, Miniature Lexicon of the English Language.
by Lyman Cobb
A pocket, conveniently sized dictionary of the English language complete with philosophical wisdom phrases atop each page. 828 pages. 2.5 x 3.5 inches.
Published by: Harper & Brothers, New York, 1851.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Full leatherbound.
- Covers and spine are decorated with gilt.
- Edges and corners of the covers and spine show some rubbing.
- Binding is secure at the gutter but loosening at the hinges.
- Edges of the textblock have gilt.
- Pages free of writing or intentional marks.
- Ffep is missing on front.
- Stains on pages 514-515. (See photos)
- Marginal stains on some pages.
- Pastedowns have stains. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #artbooks #usedbooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore