MILLENNIAL PRAISES OF CHRIST'S SECOND APPEARING - 1813 *Shaker Hymnal*$600.00
Millennial Praises containing a Collection of Gospel Hymns, in Four Parts; adapted to the Day of Christ's Second Appearing
composed for the Use of His People
First Shaker hymnal.
Hancock Village, MA: Josiah Tallcott, Junior, 1813.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD- condition.
- Volume displays commensurate aging and wear.
- Covers are a little warped, and display mild to moderate edgewear with rubbing to corners.
- Spine has light rubbing to shoulders.
- Binding is secure.
- Sticker/bookplate on front pastedown with provenance. (See photos)
- Front pastedown is cracked along fore edge. Crack minimally affects bookplate.
- Title and first pages have uneven, irregular small hole, persistent to page vi, with minimal affect to text. (See photos)
- Feps are missing.
- Interior is toned throughout with occasional foxing, and some fading to text, more toward front.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Some pages display mild edgewear with rare tears and chips. (See photos)
- Textblock edges display commensurate toning.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
288 pages. 4.5 x 6.75 inches.
A collection of Shaker Christian hymns of timeless beauty. The sublime texts celebrate the time of Christ's second coming, when He will take with Him into heaven all who are found worthy and who have lived the regenerated life.
Second Edition. First printed shaker hymnal preceded by the printing in separate parts in 1812 of same.
PROVENANCE: Bookplate belonging to Canadian actor, comedian and singer "Billy Van."
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore