MIES IN AMERICA, by Phyllis Lambert - 2001 [1st Ed]
VERY GOOD +. A large volume that covers the work of German-born architect Ludwig Mies van der Rohe. Includes several essays and photographs along with a Building Chronology foldout chart. Very gently used. BUY WITH CONFIDENCE! Please see description for more details. AS IS.
Mies in America
edited by Phyllis Lambert
This major study of one of the 20th century's greatest architects re-evaluates the entire body of work undertaken by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe between his emigration to America in 1938 and his death in 1969. Based on considerable new research and bringing to light previously unstudied material - drawings and collages, photographs, project documents, letters, and extensive interviews with many of those who worked with Mies - this is the first study to make full and in-depth use of the riches of available archival material.
Includes an extensive fold-out Building Chronology that charts the development of various projects by Mies. Essays by Werner Oechslin, Phyllis Lambert, Detlef Mertins, Peter Eisenman and more with photographs by Guido Guidi and Richard Pare. Unpaginated. 10.25" by 10.25".
Published by Harry N. Abrams. 2001.
Softback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition.
- ISBN: 0920785697
- Illustrated wraps are mostly clean though show light scuffing, mild scratches to the surface and light indentations to the surface.
- Corners are gently bumped.
- Spine has light wear, primarily to the ends.
- Binding is firm.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges are gently toned with some staining.
- Textblock is slightly cocked.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore