MEZZANINE, by E. F. Benson - 1926 [1st US Ed]
by Edward Frederic Benson
One of the English writer's multiple novels, here presented in this beautiful vintage, New York edition. Published between volumes of the Mapp and Lucia series, Mezzanine is the novel of the prolific writer at the peak of his career. Benson's profound narration will delight fiction lovers as well as reflective readers. 300 pages. 5.5 x 7.5 inches.
Presumed First US Edition. Includes a list of works by the same author at beginning of volume.
Published by: George H. Doran, New York, 1926.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Volume is in very good condition with mild aging and wear on covers and inside.
- Yellow cloth boards feature red text and decoration on front, and display overall darkening mostly near and along edges.
- Covers display gentle edgewear from fraying and light bumping of corners, which have partially exposed boards.
- Spine features red text and decoration and show some overall darkening with fraying and softening of ends.
- Binding is overall secure with a little play, and some gaps between signatures inside. (See photos)
- Interior exhibits minor expected age-toning with a light persistent stain towards upper corner of last pages.
- Back fep has some pencil marks and numbers. (See photos)
- Textblock edges show commensurate toning, with some discreet staining along foot, and darkening with a little dust along head, as well as persistent stain from interior showing at upper corner.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore