METHODIST HYMNOLOGY OF JOHN & CHARLES WESLEY, by David Creamer - 1848 [Signed]
Methodist Hymnology of John and Charles Wesley; comprehending notices of the poetical works of John and Charles Wesley showing the origin of their hymns in the Methodist episcopal, Methodist episcopal south, and Wesleyan collections; also of such hymns as are not Wesleyan, in the Methodist episcopal hymn-book, and some account of the authors; with critical and historical observations.
by David Creamer; John Wesley; Charles Wesley
SIGNED. New York: Published for Author - David Creamer, 1848
Hardback is overall in GOOD condition.
- 19th century brown leather bound book exhibits commensurate aging and wear.
- There are 2 stickers on the front cover and 1 sticker on the back. (See Photos)
- Front cover is loosely attached by all threads, yet hinge is free of any cracking.
- Boards show edgewear all around, with exposed board at corners.
- Shoulders are notably cracked, moreso to front.
- Spine has faded gilt text. Leather on spine is rough, with scuffing, fading, and cracking.
- Spine ends are worn down to headband.
- Overall the binding is firm, with secure text block.
- Author's signature and presentation note are on ffep.
- Interior is gently age-toned, with some marginal toning, scattered foxing and edgewear.
- Book block has expected but minor warping.
- Pages 71-145 exhibit offset toning in text areas.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Head of text block has faded ink, while fore and foot edge are stippled with some dust. (See Photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
470 pages. 4.75" x 7.25" inches.
Portrait frontis opens the book. Includes biographical information, commentary, and a collection of the hymns "in corrective order."
Edition Points: SIGNED
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore