MEN IN STYLE: GOLDEN AGE OF FASHION FROM ESQUIRE, by Woody Hochswender - 1993$90.00
Men in Style: The Golden Age of Fashion From Esquire
by Woody Hochswender
New York, NY: Rizzoli, 1993
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE condition.
- ISBN: 0847817040
- Illustrated cover features a painting of businessmen from the 1930's.
- Boards are in overall near fine condition.
- Corners are sharp.
- Spine has brown text against a grey background.
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
112 pages. 7 x 10 inches.
Like no other magazine before or since, Esquire in th e1930's and 40's defined male elegance and shaped the fashions of the day. In the early Esquire, one encounters an enchanted realm of style, where men golfed in chalk-striped trousers and Alpaca cardigans, went motoring in grey flannel suits and dotted maroon ties, and ordered cocktails from gliding waiters on ice skates in snow crowned St. Moritz.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore