MEMOIR OF MRS. ANN H. JUDSON - 1829 [2nd Edition] Leatherbound w/ Map
Memoir of Mrs. Ann H. Judson
by James D. Knowles
Chapters cover the author's birth, education and conversion, a sketch of the geography, history, religion, language and additional information on the Burman Empire, her visit to America where she made an address to American females and much more. 3324 pages. 4.5" by 7.5".
Second Edition with map published by Lincoln and Edmands. Boston, MA. 1829.
Hardback is overall in FAIR condition.
- Leatherbound covers show commensurate wear and aging.
- Boards show significant wear with scratches and distressing to the leather and most notably to the front shoulder which is cracked and partially detached while the rear shoulder is lightly cracked, most notably, along 2" of the upper portion. Please see photos.
- Hinges are cracked.
- Corners are bumped with partially exposed boards.
- Spine features red title block with gilt border and lettering and three remaining gilt bands; the spine shows significant wear with cracks and tears to the leather with a 1.25" portion missing from the tail and a .5" portion missing from the head. Please see photos.
- Binding varies throughout with sections being tight while others are pliant though secure.
- Endpapers and feps are age-toned with heavy foxing; the ffep bears writing in ink
- Frontispiece is detached and heavily foxed, primarily along the border with the accompanying tattered tissue guard bearing a shadow. Please see photos.
- Foldout map is intact with heavy foxing and age-toning and light writing in pencil along the upper edge of the reverse side. Please see photos.
- Interior is age-toned with foxing though the type remains legible.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore