MAY DREAMS, by Henry L. Abbey - 1862 [1st Ed]$145.00
by Henry L. Abbey
FIRST EDITION. New York: Abbey & Abbot Publishers, 1862.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Volume displays moderate overall wear and aging.
- Brown cloth covers feature blind-tooled designs, and show minor toning as well as a little bumping to corners.
- Boards are otherwise well preserved with few signs of wear.
- Spine features gilt lettering, and displays some sunning with softening and small chips to ends.
- Binding is secure with a little play.
- Interior shows moderate to mild toning, as well as occasional smudges and scattered foxing.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- High quality paper is of a stock that exhibits irregularities.
- Textblock edges show commensurate toning.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
143 pages. 5 x 7.5 inches.
Henry L. Abbey (1842-1911) was an American poet who is best known for his poem "What do we plant when we plant a Tree?". He is also remembered for "The Bedouin's Rebuke". "May Dreams" is one of his many collections. His work shows the influence of the Romantic Era, notably Shelley and Coleridge. He remains a respected figure in literary circles.
Includes a table of contents.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore