MARUOGRAPH 1, by Suehiro Maruo - 1996 [1st Ed]$95.00
by Suehiro Maruo
FIRST EDITION of Japanese manga artist Suehiro Maruo's art book Maruograph. Influenced by the muzan-e style (literally bloody prints) of traditional ukiyo-e, popularized during the Edo and Meiji period, Suehiro Maruo's work depicts scenes of cerebral eroticism, intense violence and body horror, all executed with his stylized surrealism. The book is arranged in three sections with each section featuring a range of content in distinct styles drawn from the artist's career. Sections include: Ninja to Akujo, Kitarubeki Sekai, and Tokyo no Mokushiroku. Features 80 individually numbered plates in both elegant black and white and vibrant full color, some of which are double-page. Unpaginated. 7.75" by 10.5".
Stated First Edition published by Treville Co. Ltd. Tokyo, Japan. 1996.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD++ condition with a VERY GOOD DJ.
- ISBN: 4845710897
- Illustrated beige covers feature the title in stylized lettering and kanji, and are in very good condition.
- Covers exhibit only gently bumped corners with a light crease to front lower corner.
- Spine features stylized lettering and kanji and exhibits firm, square corners.
- Binding is strong.
- Glossy illustrated title page is accompanied by an overlapping leaf of illustrated vellum.
- Includes the original obi strip with publication info and ISBN.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- DJ features full color illustrations to the front and rear and exhibits only light wear including light scuffing, mild edgewear and a small tear to the front bottom right corner. Please see photos.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore