MARTIN CHUZZLEWIT, by Charles Dickens -1937 [Ltd Ed] *Nonesuch*
The Nonesuch Dickens: Martin Chuzzlewit
by Charles Dickens
Limited Edition: One of 877.
Bloomsbury: The Nonesuch Press, 1937.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Volume displays minor overall signs of aging and wear and is well preserved.
- Covers display minimal wear and aging.
- Spine features dark green title block with gilt lettering and filigree, and displays moderate sunning.
- Binding is secure throughout.
- Illustration plates are well preserved and barely toned.
- Interior is minimally age-toned. Illustrations have left some offset shadows on facing pages. (See photos)
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Head edge of text block has gilt. Fore and foot edges are deckled, with perforations along fore edge.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
Considered one of Dickens' last picaresque novels, The Life and Adventures of Martin Chuzzlewit is here presented with vivid and inspiring illustrations, and headlines that were part of the edition that Dickens himself revised, printed in the margins against the relevant passages in the book. Although one of his least popular novels, it was thought by the author to be his best.
Lavish illustrations throughout, etched from the illustrations in the first edition. Includes the title pages of the two volumes of the 1858-59 Library Edition.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore