MARS AS THE ABODE OF LIFE, by Percival Lowell - 1910$295.00
Mars As The Abode of Life
by Percival Lowell, A.B., LL.D.
New York: The Macmillan Company, 1910
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Burgundy cover features the title written in gilt text with a square boarder.
- Boards show some edgewear and shelfwear. (See Photos).
- Corners are bumped.
- Spine has gilt text written on a burgundy background.
- Binding is firm with minimal play.
- Endpapers and feps have some moderate dirt as well as 2 gift inscriptions on the front and back endpapers, and has1/4" crack at front hinge, with 2 cracks at back hinge (1" and 1/2"). (See Photos).
- Frontispiece is present and clear with marginal toning.
- Illustrations are clear.
- Interior is gently age-toned, exhibits minimal signs of age and wear.
- Inside pages have pencil marks and marginal notes on page 133. As well as scattered smudges. (See Photos).
- Text block edges have uncut edges that are not neatly cut by publisher, often perforated.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
282 pages. 6.5 x 9 inches.
In 1906 Professor Lowell was asked by the trustee of the Lowell Institute to deliver a course of lectures there upon the planet Mars. Eleven years has elapsed since, at the invitation of the former trustee, he had done the like. When the time came for their delivery unusual interest was manifested, the course proving the most thronged of any ever given before the Institute. So great was the demand for seats that the hall could not contain the crowd, and the lectures had to be repeated in the afternoons, to audiences almost as large. The lectures were then published. All the illustrations of the planet Mars are by Professor Lowell.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore