MADAME DORTHEA, by Sigrid Undset - 1940 [Signed]$350.00
by Sigrid Undset
translated from the Norwegian by Arthur G. Chater
FLAT SIGNED. New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1940.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition with VERY GOOD DJ.
- Volume displays minor overall aging and minimal wear.
- Blue cloth covers display minimal overall fading and edgewear.
- Back board has blind-tooled device at right foot corner.
- Spine has gilt text and decorative design, and exhibits mild fading and softening at ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Endpapers are mildly toned, and display toning along hinge, as well as scarce foxing/spots.
- Front endpaper has signature of author. (See photos)
- Interior displays minimal toning.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges were inked along head, which has somewhat faded.
- DJ looks great behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- DJ is price-clipped at front return.
- DJ exhibits moderate overall toning, and minor edgewear, including scuffed corners and spine ends.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
351 pages. 5.75 x 8 inches.
Known for her novel Kristin Lavransdatter, a trilogy on life in Norway in the Middle Ages, Sigrid Undset(1882-1949) was born in Denmark before her family moved to Norway when she was two. Her writings are filled with the atmosphere of her country and have a mostly historical tone. This novel, however, focuses on the different characters in the story and presents a web of distinct, yet interconnected lives.
Second Printing. Includes a note on the type.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore