LOUIS I. KAHN: DAS GESAMTWERK, by Klaus-Peter Gast - 2001$195.00
Louis I. Kahn: Das Gesamtwerk
by Klaus-Peter Gast
The Yale University Art Gallery (1951-53) and the Richards Medical Research Building of the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia (1957-61) were amongst the first manifestations of Brutalism and seminal works in the history of modern architecture. Kahn's most important later works include the First Unitarian Church, Rochester, New York (1959-67), the Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California (1959-65) and designs for the new capital in Dhaka, Bangladesh (1962-74). These and other buildings are shown in all their expressive power in numerous illustrations. The book also includes a complete chronology of events in Kahn's life and work, a bibliography and a list of buildings. 207 pages. 10" by 11.25".
Printed in German-English parallel text.
Published by Deutsche-Verlags Anstalt. Munich, Bavaria. 2001.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD++ condition with a VERY GOOD+ DJ.
- ISBN: 3421032947
- Boards are covered in textured heavy paper and remain free any major signs of age or wear.
- Corners are sharp.
- Spine features stamped black lettering and exhibits mildly bumped ends though remains square and firm.
- Binding is firm.
- Frontispiece is present and remains free of any major signs of age or wear.
- Interior remains free of any major signs of age or wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block top-edge exhibits dark flecks.
- DJ exhibits very faint scuffing, light edgewear, light creases along the length of the rear spine shoulder, gently bumped spine ends with subtle discoloration, dark flecks and translucent residue to the white portion of the spine.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore