LOS ANGELES IN BLOCK PRINT, by Stella Knight Ruess - 1932 [Signed, Rare]
Los Angeles in Block Print
by Stella Knight Ruess
Los Angeles, CA: Bryant Press Printing, 1932
Softcover booklet is overall in VERY GOOD- condition.
- Orange wraps feature block print illustration and title in black.
- Signed by Stella Knight Ruess on the Colophon. See photos.
- Wraps show some bumping, scraping, damp stains, edgewear. Corners are bumped and frayed. See photos.
- Spine shows some cracking to wraps.
- Stapled binding is fragile, with some expert repairs; center sheets are loose. See photos.
- Free end papers have some light staining, wear, writing.
- Illustrations are bright and clear, one color plate tipped-in.
- Interior is gently age-toned, inside pages have damp stain at head edge and corner, some illustration shadows on facing pages, a ding to back cover is visible on pages toward the back See photos.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
Unpaginated. 8 x 10 inches
Linoleum block prints depicting scenes of Los Angeles by Stella Knight Ruess (1879-1964), an accomplished writer and artist and mother of Everett Ruess. Stella Knight Ruess popularized the haiku format in southern California and inspired her son's block prints. This beautiful book includes one color block print tipped in, titled "Olive Hill." A rare find, very scarce.
Copyright 1932 by Stella Knight Ruess. Signed by author on colophon.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore