LORD OF THE FLIES, by William Golding - 1955 [1st US Ed]
Lord of the Flies
by William Golding
Golding's classic story of British boys who find themselves stranded on an island where things go very wrong. 243 pages. 5.5" by 8.25".
First American Edition published by Coward-McCann. New York, NY. 1955.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Cloth covers show commensurate wear and signs of aging though are very nice overall.
- Boards are gently sunned, most notably to the perimeter with light staining to the cloth along the shoulder. Please see photos.
- Corners are bumped, more to lower corners.
- Spine has clean lettering with crushed ends.
- Binding is strong.
- Endpaper bears previous owner's sticker and name in pen. Please see photos.
- Interior exhibits minimal signs of age and wear with vibrant type on clean, bright leafs, the only minor exception being a .5" tear to the outside margin of page 21 which has been repaired. Please see photos.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges are a little dusty with light foxing. Please see photos.
- Pages 213-222 exhibit marginal brown spot at fore edge, 1/4" at max, which diminish with each page. Please see photos.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore