LOLA: THE ILLUSTRATED HISTORY 1957-1977, by J. Starkey & K. Wells - 1998$125.00
Lola: The Illustrated History 1957 to 1977
by John Starkey & Ken Wells
FIRST EDITION of Volume 1 (only). Dorchester, England: Veloce Publishing PLC, 1998.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition with VERY GOOD+ DJ.
- ISBN: 1874105863
- Volume shows minimal overall wear to covers and interior.
- Red covers show two minimal stains on front, as well as light bumping to head corners.
- Spine features text and device in bright silver, and displays slight fading to ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Front pastedown exhibits a couple smudges. (See photos)
- Interior is barely toned.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- DJ displays minor edgewear and has price on upper edge of back.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
192 pages. 8.5 x 10 inches.
The illustrated history of race cars designed by Lola, from the first Mark 1 in 1957, and on through 1977. (Volume 2 begins with 1978.) One of Britain's most important and beautiful racing cars, Lola went on to be featured in the greatest races. From the first garage in Bromley, "Lola have been manufacturing racing cars for any customer with the wherewithal to purchase them. Formula One, Two, Three, Can-Am, Indycar, Formula 5000, Formula 3000..." to name some of the best known. "Lola hold the record of being the longest lasting manufacturer of racing cars ever - full stop. This takes into account Ferrari, Lotus, Bugatti and Porsche" - as of the time of this printing.
This volume gives an overview of the build and anatomy of the cars, as well as competition history, detailing the results of races and the people who drove a Lola. An acknowledged expert on Lola, Starkey was curator of the Donington racing car collection in England. Lavishly illustrated with photographs, full-color as well as B&W.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore