RAILROAD ERA OF LUMBERING IN PA, by Taber & Kline - 1970-2 [6 vol]
Logging Railroad Era of Lumbering in Pennsylvania 6 Vols
by Thomas T. Taber and Benjamin F. G. Kline
A magnificent illustrated series on the history of lumbering in Pennsylvania and the companies which used the Pennsylvania transportation systems up to the railroad era. The six volumes cover all four great successive eras of the history of lumbering, and all the major companies and lines of the Pennsylvania railroad, to produce a history of remarkable thoroughness and precision, with authentic black & white captioned photographs, as well as a complete written account of the events referred to in a text of referential accurateness. 696 pages. 8.5 x 11 inches.
Six volumes. Lavishly illustrated with black & white historic photographs and complete with text. Maps on pastedowns of first volume. Locomotive roster and mill summary in annex of all volumes.
Published by: Self-published, Pennsylvania, 1972.
Softbacks are overall in VERY GOOD+ condition.
- Volumes are in overall very good+ condition with minor aging on wraps and clean inside.
- Various colors wraps feature line drawing illustrations and are mostly clean.
- Wraps show occasional mild pencil stains, fading, and slight corner creasing.
- Corners exhibit occasional slight edge fraying and minimal bumping, as well as rubbing with scarce chipping, too small to appear on photographs.
- Spine is stapled, and displays minor rubbing at ends, with occasional chipping. (See photos)
- Stapled binding is secure.
- Endpapers are clean, with minimal occasional toning, staining and creasing.
- Interior is minimally toned and mostly clean.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Volumes 1 and 2 exhibit some minor edge wear from rubbing, creasing and light gray staining.
- Volume 3 displays some light fading/sunning along spine.
- Volumes 4 and 6 have a small chip at head of spine.
- Text block edges are clean with occasional minimal scuffing.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore