LIFE AND ADVENTURES OF A-No.1 TRAMP, by Leon Ray Livingston - 1910 [4th Ed]
Life and Adventures of A No. 1: America's Most Celebrated Tramp
by Leon Ray Livingston
4th Edition. Cambridge Springs, PA: The A No.1 Publishing Co., 1910
Softback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Illustrated black, red and brown cover features a drawing of the author cramping and train hoping.
- Wraps show some shelfwear, edgewear and a bit of dirt.
- Corners are bumped and the top edge has a fold. (See Photos).
- Spine has black text against a brown background.
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Title page has owner's marks written in pencil from 1910.
- There is also a tear on the title page and front wrap. (See Photos).
- Illustrations are clear and lightly age toned.
- Interior is gently age-toned, exhibits minimal signs of age and wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have are a little dusty and have minimal dirt marks. (See Photos).
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
137 pages. 5 x 7.5 inches.
Leon Ray Livingston (1872–1944) was a famous hobo and author, travelling under the name "A-No.1" and often referred to as "The Rambler." He perfected the hobo symbols system, which let other hobos know where there are generous people, free food, jobs, vicious dogs, and so forth. He was not a poor man, he simply preferred a life of travelling the country by train to sitting at home. In his memoir The Ways of the Hobo, Livingston admitted that he was uneducated, but began his self-education at the age of 35. This book tells how Livingston traveled 500,000 miles for only $7.61.
EDITION POINTS: 4th Edition.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore