LIGHT IN AUGUST, by William Faulkner - 1932 [1st Ed]$150.00
Light in August
by William Faulkner
1st Edition, 1st Pressing. New York, NY: Harrison Smith & Robert Haas, 1932
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Tan cover features the title in yellow lettering.
- Boards show some shelfwear and edgewear.
- Corners are bumped, with frayed edges and exposed board. (See Photos).
- Spine has text in blue against a tan background.
- Binding is strong and has a little play.
- Ex libris book features an owner's bookplate on front pastedown. (See Photos).
- Endpapers and feps have some light staining, writing in pencil as well as owner's marks.
- Interior is gently age-toned, exhibits minimal signs of age and wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Inside pages has a folded corner on page 433 with a mark in the text. As well as scattered light foxing through a few pages. (See Photos).
- Text block edges have a faded red top stain that is a little dusty.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
480 pages. 6 x 8 inches.
1932 novel by the Southern American author William Faulkner. It belongs to the Southern gothic and modernist literary genres. Set in the author's present day, the interwar period, the novel centers on two strangers who arrive at different times in Jefferson, Yoknapatawpha County, Mississippi, a fictional county based on Faulkner's home, Lafayette County, Mississippi. The plot first focuses on Lena Grove, a young pregnant white woman from Alabama looking for the father of her unborn child, and then shifts to explore the life of Joe Christmas, a man who has settled in Jefferson and passes as white, but who secretly believes he has some black ancestry.
EDITION POINTS: 1st Edition, 1st Pressing - Red top stain and on page 340 Jefferson not Mottstown Line 1 edition point.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore