LIBRO ILLEGGIBILE N.Y. 1, by Bruno Munari - 1967 [Ltd Ed: 1625/2000]
Libro Illeggibile N.Y. 1
by Bruno Munari
designed for the Museum of Modern Art
Hand-Numbered Limited Edition #1625/2000. New York: The Museum of Modern Art, 1967.
Softback is overall in VERY GOOD++ condition with VERY GOOD- DJ.
- Volume displays minimal overall wear to covers and interior.
- Black covers show minimal edgewear.
- Staple bound. Interior red thread is also secured at spine. (See photos)
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Last page of art has number written in white along lower edge. (See photos)
- DJ displays minor overall edgewear with some rubbing to corners and spine ends, as well as a 0.75" closed tear to foot of shoulder on front. Foot of spine also shows a small chip. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
Pages not numbered. Approx. 40 pages. 8.75 x 8.75 inches.
Specially designed by Bruno Munari for The Museum of Modern Art, this is an intriguing book that introduces the concept of communication through visual discourse rather than actual words. This would become a feature of the artist's creation as he later produced several "unreadable" books, the standard of which was first conceived by Munari in 1949. Six years later some of them were presented with other works by the artist in the exhibition Two Graphic Designers at The Museum of Modern Art, being awarded a Gold Medal at the Triennale di Milano. (information taken from DJ back flap)
Bruno Munari (1907-1998) was an Italian artist, designer and inventor. Innovative in visual as well as non-visual arts, he brought his contribution to many fields in sculpture, painting, film, industrial design, graphic design, in modernism, futurism and concrete art, as well as poetry and literature, with his researches on games, didactic method, tactile learning, movement, kinesthetic learning, and creativity. [Wikipedia]
Volume is bound with red thread running through and connecting pages. First and last pages are black, while pages in middle of book are of a light opaque stock.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore