LEE UFAN: MARKING INFINITY, by Alexandra Munroe - 2011$195.00
Lee Ufan: Marking Infinity
by Alexandra Munroe
New York, NY: Guggenheim Museum Publications, 2011
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE condition, with a NEAR FINE DJ.
- ISBN: 9780892074181
- Illustrated cover features a photography by Lee Ufan with Relatum called "Holzwege II" taken in 2000.
- Boards are in overall near fine condition.
- Corners are sharp.
- Spine has silver text against a grayish black background.
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Ephemera is in very good condition and is a donor thank you card. (See Photos).
- Interior has gently marginal age-toning.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Illustrated DJ has light edgewear. (See Photos).
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
199 pages. 10 x 11.75 inches.
The first North American museum retrospective devoted to artist-philosopher Lee Ufan. Marking Infinity charts Lee's creation of a visual, conceptual, and theoretical language that has radically expanded the possibilities fo sculpture and painting. Deeply versed in modern philosophy, Lee is an influential writer on aesthetics and contemporary art and is recognized as the key theorist of Mono-ha, an anti formalist, materials-based art movement that developed in Tokyo in the late 1960s.
This richly illustrated catalogue features the artist's iconic sculptures, paintings, and works on paper, from the 1960s to the present and an anthology of the artist's writings, including seminal essays on contemporary art published here in English for the first time.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore