LE VAL-SAINT-LAMBERT, by Joseph Philippe - 1980$100.00
Le Val-Saint-Lambert: Ses Cristalleries et l'Art du Verre en Belgique (Le Val-Saint-Lambert: Its Glassworks and the Art of Glass in Belgium)
by Joseph Philippe
Second Edition, "Revised and Expanded". Text in French. Liege, Belgium: Eugene Wahle, Editeur, 1980.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition with VERY GOOD DJ.
- ISBN: 2870110324
- Handsome binding features great full-color illustrated DJ, and red leather covers with gilt text and design on front, as well as gilt lettering on spine.
- Volume displays minor overall wear and is in splendid shape.
- Covers exhibit minor edgewear with a bump to foot corner on front, and a small bump to head edge of front. (See photos)
- Binding is secure.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges display some foxing, mostly along head and fore edges, strongest at head corner of textblock. (See photos)
- DJ is bright and clear, and displays some edgewear, with minor bumping to foot corner on front, as well as some significant creasing to head edge on front, that includes a 1.25" tear along fore edge of front, and creasing up to 2" into DJ from head edge. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
379 pages. 9.5 x 12.5 inches.
Handsome binding features red leather covers with full-color illustrated DJ, and beautiful illustrated endpapers.
Lavishly illustrated throughout with full-color and B&W photographs and reproductions. Includes a Foreword by Dr D.B. Harden, translated in English.
This is a magnificent documentary on the lavish glassworks of Belgium. One of the most skilled exponents of the art through several centuries, Belgium has a history of production that involves fascinating changes and talented factories and artists. This book conveys a rich and detailed overview of the growth of the art through a long history.
Val-Saint-Lambert is a Belgian crystal glassware manufacturer, founded in 1826 and based in Seraing. It has the royal warrant of King Albert II.
EDITION POINTS: Second Edition, Revised and Expanded.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore