LE LEZARD AUX PLUMES D'OR, by Joan Miro -1971 [Lithograph Cover]
Le Lezard aux Plumes d'Or
(The Lizard with the Feathers of Gold)
by Joan Miro
edited by Louis Broder
Text in French. Paris, France: Berggruen, 1971.
Softback is overall in VERY GOOD++ condition.
- Volume features original lithograph cover.
- Book displays minimal overall wear.
- Wraps exhibit minor edgewear with slight rubbing of covers, and foot corner of front slightly lifting. (See photos)
- Spine displays faint sunning, and a little rippling at foot.
- Binding is secure and tight.
- Interior shows minimal age-toning.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges show minimal edgewear at foot corner.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
Pages not numbered. Approx. 20 pages. 4.5 x 8.75 inches.
Volume features original lithograph cover, printed by Mourlot Freres.
Book features reproductions of 15 full-color original lithographs, paired with his poetry in his own hand.
This exceptional little volume features a combination of Joan Miro's poetry with his graphic artistry. The short poem is accompanied with evocative illustrations that draw us into the strange world of the artist. The simple poetry pairs well with the colorful lithographs, creating a work that celebrates Miro the artist as much as Miro the poet.
Joan Miro (1893-1983) was a Spanish painter, sculptor and ceramicist, whose work has been interpreted at once as Surrealist, a sand-box for the subconscious mind, a re-creation of the childlike, and a manifestation of Catalan pride. He challenged traditional methods in painting, which he saw as supporting bourgeois society, and his work systematically upsets the visual elements in established painting.
EDITION POINTS: of this original edition 170 copies were printed.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore