LE BESTIAIRE DE DIEGO GIACOMETTI - 1997 *Exhibition*
Le Bestiaire de Diego Giacometti
September 24 - December 20, 1997
presented by Catherine and Christian Boutonnet, Rafael Ortiz
Paris: Arc en Seine, 1997.
Softback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition.
- Volume displays minimal overall wear inside, with light edgewear and staining to covers.
- Front cover features full-color photograph framed below title.
- Wraps display minor edgewear with rubbing, and show a faint damp stain along upper edge on front, 1.25" at most into cover from edge, and along upper edge of back at two areas, including corner. (See photos)
- Spine shows minimal wear to ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Illustrations throughout are well preserved and display minimal signs of aging.
- Interior displays minimal wear with faint toning along edges, as well as a soft persistent bump to upper corner of pages.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges exhibit a couple faint smudges at head.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
85 pages. 8.25 x 9.75 inches.
With introduction by James Lord and biography by Adrien Maeght. Contributors: Claude Asch, Paul Barbanegra, Isabelle Maeght, John Armbruster, Claude Berri, Marc Blondeau, James Lord, Gilles Roy.
Diego Giacometti (1902-1985) was a Swiss sculptor and designer, the younger brother of the sculptor Alberto Giacometti, with whom he worked in close contact, both siblings sharing the same studio. Most of his work is animal sculpture, and is often picturesque and amusing.
Lavishly illustrated with B&W photographs of the artist's sculptures. All illustrations are fully captioned in English and French. Text in French with full English translation. Includes an introduction by James Lord, and a biography of the artist by Adrien Maeght.
Includes an invitation flyer to the exhibition.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore