LAURA JANE SEES EVERYTHING AT HESS'S, by Oscar Schisgall & Julie Maas - 1957 [1st Ed]$65.00
Laura Jane Sees Everything at Hess's
by Oscar Schisgall
illustrated by Julie Maas
1st Edition, New York, New York: The Public Service Syndicate, 1957
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD++ condition, with a VERY GOOD DJ.
- Illustrated blue cover features a gilt design of the main character in the story book.
- Boards show some shelfwear and edgewear.
- Corners are bumped with scuffed edges. (See Photos).
- Spine has gilt text against a blue background.
- Binding is strong and secure. It has a little bit of play.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior is gently age-toned
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Front fep has dark black mark from previous owner. (See Photos).
- Illustrated DJ looks nice and is nicely preserved behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- Close examination of DJ reveals notable edgewear with chipped corners (the largest being 1/2 by 1/2 inch) and closed tears, as well as overall shelfwear and sunned spine. (See Photos).
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
30 pages. 8.25 x 10 inches.
In this story whose charm should capture parents as well as little ones. Laura Jane not only sees a remarkable department store, she copes with the greatest of all childhood problems, if she had one wish that could be fulfilled, what would it be?
EDITION POINTS: 1st Edition
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore