LANGHORNE! NO MAN'S LAND, by L. Spencer Riggs - 2008
Langhorne! No Man's Land
by L. Spencer Riggs
Zionsville, Indiana: Pitstop Books, 2008
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE condition, with a NEAR FINE DJ.
- ISBN: 0974266817
- Illustrated color covers features art work from Peter Hearsey.
- Boards are in overall near fine condition.
- Corners are sharp.
- Spine has black text against a grayish tan background.
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have some dust and light dirt. (See Photos).
- DJ looks over all looks great and is in near fine condition.
- Illustrated DJ features the same art work as the cover by Peter Hearsey.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
548 pages. 9 x 11.5 inches.
Langhorne Speedway, also known as the "Big Left Turn" was the world's toughest mile speedway from its inception in 1926 to its demise in 1971. The Circular shape created fast speeds with poor visibility due to the dirt and unusual shape. Later the track was paved and the record speeds were just too fast for racing. A track where all forms of racing took place: stock cars, modified, midgets, big cars/sprint cars, champ cars and motorcycles. On the property a 1/4 mile track, a drag strip and a quarter-midget track also held races. World records were set and tragic accidents happened. This book documents the history of this great Speedway.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore