LANDSCAPE AND IDEOLOGY : THE ENGLISH RUSTIC TRADITION 1790 - 1860, by Ann Bermingham - 1986
Landscape and Ideology: The English Rustic Tradition, 1740 - 1860
by Ann Bermingham
Berkeley and Los Angeles: University of California Press, 1986
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition, with a VERY GOOD DJ.
- ISBN: 0520052870
- Evergreen cloth cover is in overall great condition.
- Front cloth cover bottom left shows minimal signs of shelfwear. (See Photos).
- Corners are sharp, with minimal signs of bumping to the top left corner.
- DJ looks nice, has minimal signs of shelfwear and edgewear on the top front and back sides.
- DJ upon closer inspection shows a piece of tape on the back of the DJ cover. (See Photos).
- Back fep shows a minimal stain to the edge. (See Photos).
- Spine has gilt text upon a green background.
- Binding is strong, secure and has a little play.
- Interior is exhibits minimal signs of age and wear.
- Inside pages are free from intentional marks and writing.
- Text block edges have minimal signs of foxing and staining as well as dust. (See Photos).
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
254 pages. 7.25 x 10.25 inches.
The accelerated enclosure of the countryside at the end of the eighteenth century coincided with the emergence of rustic landscape painting as a major genre in English art. In this interdisciplinary study, Professor Bermingham explores the complex, ambiguous, and often contradictory relationship between English landscape painting and the socio-economic changes that accompanied enclosure and the Industrial Revolution. Bermingham takes a fresh look at the works of Gainsborough, Constable, and later Victorian artists.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore